Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Recycled Jewelry

Several years ago someone asked me if I would be interested in a huge bag of broken jewelry. This person knew how much I loved to make jewelry, and he thought I would be interested in going through these pieces and possibly making something out of them.


As soon as I brought the jewelry pieces home, I started to sort through everything. I found a lot of interesting things. There were necklaces, earrings and bracelets, that were pretty much intact, just maybe missing a jump ring or something else easy to fix. I began to put these pieces back together again, and then donated them to the local Senior Citizen Bingo group. 


Eventually, I put the bag away...until today. Yep, I got it back out and started going through it again. I decided to pick out a few broken pieces and repurpose them into something much different than they originally were meant to be.


The first piece was a bracelet with missing rhinestones. I knew I wanted to keep the bling on this piece. My plan to to take some wire...brass, since the bracelet was brass, and wire some beads onto it.



But then I remember this ball of Sari ribbon.


The ribbon has a brassy gold pattern on the blue background. It also has different colored rhinestones throughout.


And here is the finished product....


Boho Hippie Style


Bangle Bracelet



What do you think?

Here is a video I put together about it....

4 comments:

  1. Great work! I love upcycling projects. This one looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ann! Stay turned for more jewelry upcycling!

      Delete
  2. That would look good with Ann's elephant necklace she posted on her blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow! you are right! It would!!! Looks like we made them to go together, lol!

      Delete