Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Friday, January 17, 2020

What About A Newsletter?

I hear a lot about how I need to have a newsletter. I have been fighting this for some time. Why? Well, there are several reasons why.

One...and the main reason is...it cost money. I've heard, "It doesn't cost that much." Well, maybe not, but a penny here and a penny there turns into dollars, which accumulate. I need to have a domaine name...money, then I need to use a site with which I can draft my newsletters and send them through, which is more money. As a small business...a VERY small business, I don't have much of that green stuff, and I like to try to keep my costs down. Lower cost for me, means I can pass on the savings to YOU! 

I have done several polls, and every! single! one! of! them!!!! have said no to newsletters. Personally, the only reason I even open them is to see what my competition is. The only reason I even signed up is to get something either free or a discount. I absolutley HATE emails. They seem to be a necessary evil. I am not the only one that feels that way, and I don't like to annoy people, so this is another reason I am not a fan.

Another reason for me balking at getting an email list, is because of how hard the are to set up and run. Not the writing part, the tech part. I am not very tech minded, and everything is so difficult. I'm not sure why they make it that way. It could actually be dumbed down for those of us who find this sort of thing hard, but nooooo....they don't want to do that. Some of them think they are making it easy, but news bulletin....no you are NOT.

Here is another reason....WHERE DO I GET THE PEOPLE!? Yes, good questions. I can't just pull them out of the sky. Sure I have a few that would join, but since I seem to be the invisible one, not sure I will be seen. I have working my you know what off with posting all over social media for several years, and I am still pretty much invisible, looked over, not seen. Yes, sometimes invisibleness is a good thing, but not in business.

Anyway, those are just a few reason why I have not jumped on the email bandwagon. Now, this being said, I do want to get people information about what is going on with Tappingflamingo and TappingflamingoBling. I don't want to be pushy and just talk about selling this or that, but I'd like to help people with any problems or questions they may have when it comes to certain things, like beach vacations, cruises, how to pack, what to bring, what to do, what to wear, etc. 

I've been thinking a lot about this, and these are the things I would put into a newsletter along with some new items I have been working on. I would also like to share some fun things on how I come up with designs and some of the process of making them. I don't know about you, but I love to watch people create.

So...why not just do this in my blog and promote it? For now, I think that is what I plan to do. So, stay tuned for my newsletter blog. They will be short and to the point. I plan to have links to take you to places where you can read and learn more..that is if you want to. 

Please share my blog, yes, I would love it if you could help me be "SEEN."

So...if there is anything you would like to learn or glean from my blog, let me know. I love it when y'all comment and leave message.

Have a wonderful day!!!!
Terry Jeanette
Tappingflamingo
TappingflamigoBling

etsy as TappingflamingoBling
other places you can find me
Instagram as tappingflamingobling
youtube as tappingflamingo
facebook as TappingflamingoBling, TLC for Body Mind and Spirit, Beach Bums and Cruises, Crusing 411
TikTok as tappingflamingo
Twitter as tappingflamingo



No comments:

Post a Comment