Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Monday, November 28, 2011

Cyber Monday





So, today is the day to shop via the internet. I have never done this before. I am actually enjoying sitting at my computer with my big sweats on and shopping. It is cold and rainy, and I am not one of those who likes to go out and fight the crowds.  There is really nothing I want that bad. I do have a few small things I need to go get, but, for the most part, I am finished with my shopping...yeah!!!!


One thing I have learned about Cyber Monday, is that you need to do some research before hand. I have also found that a lot of the so called sales are not all that great. Yes, most places have free shipping, but you have to buy a certain amount (which is a lot), and for the most part, I am buying a little here and a little there.  I did find though, that WalMart does have free shipping and you only have to buy $45 worth of stuff. That is not difficult. I have done most of my cyber shopping there, so I was able to get the free shipping. One thing I ordered from Bed Bath and Beyond, and one thing I ordered from QVC were both free shipping for that particular item, so I lucked out there. 


Well, now that I am mostly done with my shopping, I've been sitting here reflecting on our Thanksgiving. I really enjoyed having everyone together. Boy, I sure miss having everyone around. My husband and oldest son left for Tennessee Saturday morning, and my middle son left to go back to school just a few minutes ago. I guess it is just my youngest son, the dog and me now. It sure is quiet. 


In a few weeks, the noise will be back and we will all be together again. My parents will be joining us, which will be nice. I am really looking forward to having everyone over for our last Christmas here in Louisiana. 

No comments:

Post a Comment