Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Is It Snow? Are They Bugs? What Is It!?

When I got up this morning the sun was shining and it looked to be a beautiful day. Since I walk every morning, I like to check the weather, so one of the first things I did after I put my whole wheat bread into the toaster was to get online and check to see how cold it was. 47!  Wow! Sure didn't look that cold; better bundle up!

After I got my shower and ready for the day, I started vacuuming and mopping.  Never know when that right person might come to look at the house and want to buy it.  Anyway, as I was moping I looked out the back windows and what did I see!?  It appeared to be snowflakes dancing around my backyard. Wait a minute... I know that is not likely this time of year in Louisiana. Besides, it was already into the 60's! I took a closer look and assumed they were bugs. Now that I can believe, but as I looked even closer I could tell they were seeds.  Yes, fall is here, and Mother Nature is planting her seeds for next spring.  Looks like the cattails have popped open, and that is what I saw.  Looked pretty cool, and so I tried to take some pictures.  I figured I could get a better shot if I used my telephoto lens and put it on the sports mode.  I got a few ok shots. At least you can see why it looked like snowflakes at first.


I really could not get a picture that can give you the full affect, but it was actually quite beautiful.  Isn't nature wonderful!?



No comments:

Post a Comment