Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Favorite Place

Where is your favorite place to be? For me, besides being with my family, it is the beach.  I was born in California, but was four when we moved to Texas. I really don't remember much about living in California, but I do remember living briefly in Texas, then Alabama.  Both were short times. When I was eight, my dad got an opportunity of a lifetime...move to Central Florida and work for NASA on the Apollo program. It was suppose to be a temporary job, but after 44 years, my family is still in Central Florida.  Needless to say, that is what I claim as home.

As a youngster, I can remember visiting the beach often. Especially as I became a teenager. I love the salt air and the warm sunshine on my skin. You have heard of comfort food?  Well, this is my comfort "place."

I love to watch the birds.

Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach are the places I use to go.  Cocoa Beach is a wonderful place to raise your kids, and a great place to learn to surf.  It is known as the "Small Wave Capital of the World." 

For the past couple of weeks, I have been in Florida visiting with my family.  My mom, one of my sisters, and I, went on a cruise (I'll have to blog about that later). The day before I left to come back home, Mom and I took a trip to the beach.  It was 1 Nov 2011.  Most places are getting cold. It was a bit on the breezy side, but it was nice enough you really didn't need a jacket. Of course, I had to bring my camera and take some pictures.  There were lots of birds, a few people, and a couple of wind surfers.

















When we were done walking around on the beach, my mom and I decided we were hungry. We headed to one of our favorite places to eat; Grills. After we ate, I took a few more pictures.



















It's fun to eat at Grills because there is a lot of maritime traffic at the port. My mom and dad especially like to go out when the cruise ships are leaving.

Well, it was a nice morning. I am grateful for the nice weather, and can't wait 'til I can visit my favorite place again.

No comments:

Post a Comment