Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Smoothies

The other day I was making my daily smoothie, and my blender died. Actually, I noticed that the glass was chipped and had a large crack running down the side. Of course, no one did it. Well, this gave me the excuse to look into getting me a smoothie maker. I never really used the blender except to make smoothies, and it was taking up a large area on my counter top (which I hate). I found one on QVC, and decided to order it. I was so excited when it came. I opened it, cleaned it, and immediately made me a smoothie (it had been days since I had one). It was so yummy. I would like share my recipe with you--

1 cup frozen fruit (Any combo, but I don't like the frozen rasberries, blackberries, etc. because of all the seeds. I usually use strawberries, mangos, peaches, mixed fruit, etc. You can also throw in a 1/2 banana and lower the fruit to 1/2 cup frozen fruit)

1/2 cup orange juice OR pineapple juice

1 packet splenda

1 capful vanilla

Blend and enjoy. If the smoothie is too thick, I add about 1/2 cup water. You can also add milk or yogurt instead of the water, but this will add extra calories. If you are on LA Weightloss, this would count as 3 fruits, and if you add the dairy, 3 fruits and 1 dairy.

1 comment: