Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Bead Soup Project

So, here are the beads I received from my Bead Soup Blog Party partner, Stacie. Aren't they some of the prettiest colors? I love the golds, browns, and coppers.





She sent me some rust colored fresh water pears, yellow jade, some are carved, some are faceted and some are just made into cubes. She also sent me various beads in copper, and then some river coral (those are the cool beads with the holes in them). The pendant is made from a rust colored shell.



So, it took me awhile to figure out what I was going to do. I sorted them, and resorted them several times. First on the table, then I got the bead board out.









Here is a closer look at the freshwater pearls, the pendant, and the carved jade.










Here you can get a better look at the coral and copper beads











Here is the cubed jade.

Once I finally got started, I added some of my own beads from my stash. I used some brown crystals and brown seed beads. I also tried my hand on some copper wire too. I'll have to say, I am really pleased with the finished product and can't wait to share my creation with you.

I will be posting my pieces (yes, I said "pieces" because I was able to get more than one piece out all this) on February 26. That is the date of our official blog party. Hope you will stop in and check it out. Then after you've checked out my creations, you will need to go check to see what my partner, Stacie, made with her stuff over on Park Avenue (http://www.parkavenue-stacie.blogspot.com/)

2 comments:

  1. Cool beads! Can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO HOO! You're ahead of the game! (Pssst. I haven't even started yet!)

    ReplyDelete