Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Kelsey Koch

Wow! This week has had it's ups and downs. Monday, my daughter got engaged to her soul mate. Tuesday was So You Think You Can Dance auditions, by the way, she was called back today, so she has not been cut yet. Tuesday ended on a bad note, though.

When we lived in Indiana (Oct 2001-Aug 2007), we were privileged to meet and get to know many people. Many of these people were through homeschooling. One of the girls we got to know pretty well was Kelsey Koch. Ashley and Kelsey got to be good friends through our homeschool group, but mostly through dance. Both girls danced at Premiere Dance Center on the competition team. Both girls were awesome tap dancers (among other forms of dance).

Yesterday, Tuesday, February 2, 2011 at 5:17 pm, on her 90th day in the hospital, Kelsey left this world and went home to Jesus (http://kjkdancingthroughtherain.blogspot.com/). Kelsey touched many lives, people she knew, and others she never met. She had a very rare disease, Dock 8. There are only a handful (I believe about 11 in the world) who have this disease. Her and her younger sister are among the few with it. Kelsey and her sister Karly, have traveled to Maryland to undergo procedures in a study. I can remember the girls traveling with their family a few times a year. I believe Kelsey was the only person to have survived with Dock 8 for this long, usually Dock 8 patience die at a much younger age. At first look, these girls seemed to be just as healthy as any other girls their age. But once you got to talking to them, you soon would find, that that was not the case. They had many allergies, and other physical problems, but these girls did not let any of that get in the way of living a very joyous life.

I never saw Kelsey unhappy. Her attitude was something that we all need to have. Yes, she was suffering, but she was grateful for all she had in life, family, friends, and mostly Jesus. Her brother, Travis posted a beautiful picture and write-up of Kelsey on his facebook. For those of you on facebook here is the link. For all you others without facebook, I will post it below.(http://www.facebook.com/#!/note.php?note_id=461127351658&id=604863973)

I know Kelsey is in Heaven right now, enjoying her healthy body and dancing. She is happy, and we should all be happy for her. Yes, we will miss her cheeriness, but she needed to go. We all must not forget her example of not letting things get to you. We all have hard times on this earth. It is suppose to be that way. Trails make us stronger. We must all past the tests we are given, and the way to do that is to follow the example of Kelsey Koch.

One of the last conversations she had with her mom was about how scared she was. Here is an excerpt of her blog, "It was unique today in that when I told her she was going to the OR she usually asks to be drugged real well. This time she told me she was scared. I asked her, "Scared of what?" She said she didn't know. I told her there were only two outcomes...either she would come back to me or she would go home to Jesus. She said that she would like to go home to Jesus. This made her smile."

Kelsey is now with Him, and smiling...

The following is what her brother wrote:

Kelsey's Facebook About Me

by Tyler Koch on Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 7:26pm

Hi the names Jo, Kelsey Jo. Most ppl talk/brag about themselves in this section. Instead there is something much more important. Yes, my life story entails pain, tragedy, extreme dissapointment, terror, variable exhaustion w/ tests, and one of the rarest diseases known to man, etc, etc. But why put those negative, abysmal stories in here??? What people should take away from hearing about me is what the Lord had done in and through me. Instead I could tell you many stories of CONQUERING situations of Life VS Death through the power of Prayer and extreme Perseverence. And Enduring countless Hours of testing and waiting, by a Peace that surpasses all understanding.. Or Bearing (my)daily debilitating routine through patience and self control. Life with God has been ROUGH, He never promised it would be easy("my yolk is heavy but my burden is light"), YET He did say He would NEVER LEAVE me. But if I had to live this life WITHOUT Him, I would NOT have LIVED to see my 10th birthday! Indeed my God is an awesome God! He sees me in my need, and meets me in my need! Thank you Jesus for your blood that covers all my sins! I did not deserve this, but yet you love me, no matter what! Yahweh He is, alpha(the beginning) and omega(the end) He is! Omniscience(all knowing), omnipotent(all powerful) and omnipresent(all present) He is! He is my comfort, my shelter, tower of refuge and strength!Many pity me for my sufferable time here on this earth, but I say you should be pitied for you do not have eternity in heaven! -- "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow is the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." Matthew 7:13,14... THIS IS THE WAY I LIVE ... Still don't understand why I am the way I am... "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- His good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2 I will say it again, this is my life verse!I refuse to get stuck in ANY generational ruts, or be identified by any label other than a Jesus lover. I WILL help change this world. "that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,to the glory of God the Father." Philippians 2:10,11.This is MY MISSION... To save the world! But lets not confuse, I will do it by His bidding... I am a mere mortal, a human being, I have no power. I am powerless. But through Him I can move mountains. I am Kelsey, truth chaser, blood bought, world changer, prayer warrior, devil stomper, sin killer, Jesus lover, daughter of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment