Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Monday, August 6, 2012

Do you have a smart phone? Or a dumb phone? 
I have a dumb phone, and I love it. Nope, you are not going to talk me into having a smart phone. I really don't need one. Heck, I'm from the old school. I didn't even own a cell phone 'til I was over 40...and I had kids! My two oldest didn't get their cell phones until they were 18 and leaving home. Now our youngest two, well, they got their cell phones a little earlier, but not much! Anyway, we survived...

I will admit, smart phones look like a fun toy. I don't need an expensive toy that I will get addicted to. Don't get me wrong, I love being able to connect to my kids most any place. I especially love texting. 

I remember when I was going to college and being oh so far away...like a 4 day drive. I only got to talk to my family for a few minutes each Saturday morning, and that's it! When my daughter was away, so very, very far, 

it really didn't seem too far away, as we could talk to each other any time we wanted to; and texting....? yep did a lot of that too!  It was so nice to just get a random text, "It's snowing!"
Now I have a son who is not as far away at school, but still about ten hours. Any time he wants, or I want, we can communicate with each other. 

Did you know sons don't seem to communicate as much as daughters do though :(
Oh well.....




No comments:

Post a Comment