Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Friday, August 3, 2012

Living/Dining Area

I think our house is going to be a continual work in progress for awhile. Right now, all I want to do is get everything in its proper place.  I've already posted a few pictures of our half bath and laundry area. Now we move on to our living and dining area.
As you enter the front door, to your right is the living room. Before we moved all our stuff in, I was wanting to paint. Actually, I kinda like what is already on the walls. There are a few places we need to do some touch up, but for the most part it looks good. I've always wanted to have a British Caribbean look, and I think I just might be able to accomplish it.
Notice the entry way to the left of the picture...with the butterfly? Those walls are actually green, not turquoise. I really wanted to paint them turquoise, but I noticed, depending on the way the light shines in the entry (during different parts of the day), sometimes it looks green and other times the color I wanted. I think I just might leave it. 
Here's the view from the dining area.
This is an old crate my dad found years ago in the middle of the road. I pretty much stole it.
I love old stuff like this.
Here's the view of the dining area from the living room. Note the two mobiles on either side? I like mobiles and got the one on the left in Mexico (the fish are made of coconuts) and I got the one on the right in the Bahamas.
Here's the view of the dining area from the kitchen.
What do you think of the wallpaper? I hate wallpaper with a passion! I hate everything about it, taking it down, putting it up, and most of the time the looks. This paper has actually grown on me. Funny thing is, everyone that comes into our home has to go touch it. Then they say, "Is this marble?" As soon as they touch it, they know it isn't. It is funny to see everyone's reaction.

Also, in the picture above, check out the dresser. Several years ago, we had some furniture damaged in our master area, and this is one of the replacements. It did not match the rest of our furniture at all, and didn't even look right. The insurance company was suppose to come get the damaged stuff, but never did. It is livable, so we decided to put it back into our bedroom. So what to do with this? Well I think it looks nice as a buffet. What do you think?
Another angle from the dining looking into the living room.
I have these pots hiding around the corner next to the piano. In our old home they sat above our huge bookcase in our bedroom. We had huge ceilings in our old home, not so much in this home, so they do not fit. I think I may use them in the entry on the shelf above our front door. They may be too small, but it is worth a try, right?
There is one thing in this room that has to go, 
but as I said before, first things first. We must put everything in it's place, live with it for awhile, then we can worry about tweaking things.





No comments:

Post a Comment