Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Cruise Jewelry

In a very short while, my husband and I are going to be setting sail on the open seas! Yes, we are taking a cruise. We will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. Both our mom's are coming along. My mom loves to cruise, and my mother in law has never been, so we decided to invite them to come along. I'm so glad I have a mom and mother in law that are very easy to get along with.

I've been going through my closet to try to figure out what I want to bring. I do not plan to buy any new clothes, but I do plan to make me a few new pieces of jewelry so I feel as if I have a new outfit. I've got so many beads and such, I don't have to buy anything to make new pieces.
One of the dresses I plan to bring has a very bright (and loud) print to it. After digging around my beads, I finally came up with this necklace.
Looking at these two pictures, it seems that they really don't go very well, but before I started stringing up the beads, I made sure the matched.
Perfect!!!
I started to put together a pair of earrings, then I realized I had these pretty sterling daisies with the robin egg turquoise stone in the center. They don't match exactly, but they will be way up on my ears, so you really won't be able to tell much of a difference.

I am really glad that I can just go into my (very messy) craft room and put together something like this. It makes me feel as if I have a new outfit. I might just have to put together something else before I head out on the wide open seas...

1 comment: