Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Monday, May 20, 2013

Do You Use Essential Oils?


For several years, my daughter has had some health issues. In fact, when I look back, a lot of these issues, she has had all her life, like her upset stomach. I think she thought everyone felt like that.

There is one thing that has come to haunt her in recent years that she did NOT have an issue with when she was younger...acne. Now, I am not saying she never had a zit, but she didn't have near the problem she has developed in the last few years; and she is 23!

Ashley is probably the few people I know that hardly wears makeup and washes her face like she is suppose to, so that is not the problem. She is also a very healthy eater, so that's not the problem. She has been to numerous doctors and most of them say, "Accutane!"  Well, she will NOT be going down that path, too many negatives with that drug. I'm not sure if she is a candidate for it anyway. She has the cystic acne, but since she is married, at child bearing age, is at high risk for osteoporosis, and has intestinal issues, etc. All these (and then some), make her pretty much ineligible for the drug.  Besides, I think we have figured it is more of a hormonal issue.

My daughter has been doing A LOT of research lately on the foods we eat and how they affect our body. She has also been doing some research on essential oils.  When she first looked into the oils, I was a little skeptical. When her and her husband ordered them and started using them, I was amazed at some of the claims. Essential oils are a bit pricey, but if they do all that they claim to do, it would be worth it.

As time went on and Ashley and her husband used the oils, some of her symptoms subsided. Her husband's dad has had some health issues, and he started using the oils too--with great success. As I talk to some of my friends and other family member who use the oils, all I hear are great stories. So, I've decided to try them.

A few weeks ago, I found myself in the hospital with a ruptured appendix. I spent eight days in there, and this was just two weeks before our 30th wedding anniversary cruise. The doctor had me on "the gorilla of all antibiotics," as he called them. I am allergic to a lot of antibiotics and can't take many. The stuff he started me on were doing NO good, so he brought out the big guns. After I left, he didn't want to send me with any antibiotics due to the risk of me developing yet another allergy to an antibiotic. A friend who has been doing the oils for awhile now, sent me some oregano oil and Digestive Blend and told me how to take these while on the cruise. I did, and was fine. I really didn't know if it kept me from getting sick, so I was still a bit skeptical. 

On the way home from the cruise in Florida, we stopped to visit with my daughter and her husband. I had ordered small bottles of lemon oil, lavender oil and peppermint oil. On the way home I developed my fourth set of fever blisters since my hospital stay. I read where lemon oil could help, and so I tried it. Within three days, they were GONE!!!! Hmmmm...Jury is still out.

I have had a nagging cough for MONTHS! Like maybe four or so. I get it every year, usually around Thanksgiving, and then it is gone by the summer, not this year! Anyway, I saw where you can take two drops each of lemon oil, lavender oil and peppermint oil into a capsule and take three times a day for allergies. I have heard that most cold/cough issues are allergies, so what the heck I'll try it. I took my first capsule last night before I went to bed. When I got up....I could really tell a difference. Not coughing as much at all! So I took another capsule at breakfast, and then at lunch. There is a HUGE difference in my cough. All the crud in my chest is breaking up and my cough is almost gone. 

Okay....I guess I will have to be ordering me some more oils. So, do you use oils? If so what are your favorites? I have lemon, lavender, peppermint, oregano, Digestive Blend, Metabolic Blend (my daughter got this for free and she does NOT need to loose weight so I took it), and then Ashley gave me some Whisper for Mother's Day (mmmm, smells soooo goooood!).  How do you like to use your oils? I would love to hear from you as to what and how you use your essential oils.




No comments:

Post a Comment