Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Friday, February 28, 2014

Showers....

I can't believe we've been married for almost 31 years! Wow! 
4 May 1983 LDS Washington DC Temple
When I look back on all the preparation the things that stand out the most are my bridal showers. I actually had three, only two of which I actually went to.

The one I wasn't able to go to was one that my extended family had in Colorado. I thought it was a pretty cool idea. They all got together as a family shower, brought their unwrapped gifts to show everyone, wrapped them up, boxed them and mailed them. 
Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins in Colorado. about 1972
My best friend growing up had another shower for me. It was a surprise. I thought I was just going over to visit...nope it was a fun time to see some of my old friends.

Then the third shower was one from my mom's friends from church. They had a Tupperware party. Again, I thought this was a fantastic idea, and would love to be able to do something like this with Thirty One.
What the ladies at church did was collect whatever money they wanted to go toward a gift, and at the end of the night I had almost $300 to spend on Tupperware! In addition, the hostess of the party gave me all her hostess prizes which was a set of luggage.
I think a Thirty One shower would be a lot of fun too. There are all kinds of things Thirty One carries that any new couple would love...from organization to the grocery store and beyond. 
Baby showers would be great too. With all the different patterns and bags, Thirty One could help you organize and carry all the baby essentials with style.
By the way, today is the last day to get in on this great sale, but March will be bringing a great sale on select bags too.

If you are interested in having a party, or shower, let me know I have some great ideas. I know of someone right now that is thinking about having a Thirty One Bridal shower at work for one of her coworkers.

If you are interested let me know mythirtyone.com/TerryJeanetteCarter
facebook Wonderful World of Bags, etc...
email wonderfulworldofbags@yahoo.com


No comments:

Post a Comment