Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

A Beautiful Mess

Happy Handmade Home
Painting, Crafting, and Decorating a Cheerful,
More Inspiring Space
from the creators of a Beautiful Mess
Elsie Larson and Emma Chapman


When I first ordered this book, I was a little reluctant because many were saying how they did not like it. One even called it "juvenile." Personally, I have enjoyed this book and plan to try some of the projects in it.  Currently, our family is in temporary housing until we can sell our home, and I am not able to really spend much money to decorate our small duplex. This book is ideal for people like us, or for students, newlyweds, anyone who is on a tight budget and/or in "limbo" as we are. 

After we do get settled, there are a few things I would like to try, like the scarf curtain on page 29. Elsie and Emma even give a few tips on entertaining and share a couple of their recipes. I believe I will be trying their, "Our Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies" this weekend. 

"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

No comments:

Post a Comment