Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Teeny Weeny Bathroom Redo on A Budget

I was pretty busy today...took my daughter in law to work, met some friends for lunch and went shopping. Sox was getting really low on food.
When I got home, I started in on the bathroom...organizing and decorating. As I mentioned, I was just going to make this little place a home for now, but I don't want to spend a lot of money. We don't have any clocks (except our cell phones) in this place, so I bought a $3 wall clock for the bathroom. I know myself, sometimes when I'm hurrying to get ready in the morning, I like to know the time.
Remember my last blog I mentioned I bought a rug? Well, that is it in the background. I love the colors. The Thiry-one bags I already had. I bought the piece of fabric and a tension rod and I was pretty much good to go.
Our bathroom was a HUGE blank slate. The walls are painted that renter's beige and everything else in there is white.
The closet is pretty much our vanity. We store boxes in the bottom and I hated seeing it all the time, soooo....
That's what I used the fabric and tension rod for. I plan to go get another shelf to put in there, but it looks so much better having everything organized. 
The shower curtain was a little boring, so remember those button flowers I showed you how to make on a video?
Well, I added them to the rings. Some of the rings are missing anyway, so instead of buying a new set for one or two, I just looped the button flowers to hang the shower curtain. It adds a little pop of color.
More Thirty-one bags for storage. I love the Snap It bags. I have razors in one, soaps that my good friend in Kentucky makes and always shares with me in another, and hair clips and stuff like that in the last. I have a Large Utility Tote on the shelf with our towels and another storage bag from Thirty-one with our washcloths and small hand towels in it.
Of course I have my essential oils all organized and within easy reach.
I added one of my recycled guitar string wreaths to the clock for a little added interest. 
So, there you have it. For less than $20, I was able to get this place together. I used things I already had, and then spent $8 on the rug, $5 for the fabric and tension rod, and $3 for the clock.
I will need to spend a little more on that board for the shelf, but it's pretty much done. It is simple and clean....and cheap! 

I wonder what room I will do next?

1 comment: