Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Forest Bead Soup

Some of the last few posts have been about the bead swap I was involved with. This is the last of the posts about Lori Anderson's October 2018 Bead Swap with Donna M Hoblit of VeraDonna Treasures. 


I've done several of these swaps, and this time I did it with a bit of a twist. It is something that I've been wanting to do. 


When I picked out beads for my partner, I kept the same things, because I wanted to create and see how different our pieces are. It is so interesting to see how you can give a group of people the same exact thing to make something, and wind up with as many different things as individuals.


So, let me first introduce what I sent Donna...


Tiger Eye Chips


I love to beach comb and make jewelry out my finds. I decided to send her one of the shell pieces I found on Cocoa Beach. I wire wrapped it using copper wire.


Green Sea Glass Beads


Green Crystals


Champagne Square Crystal Beads


Some interesting glass beads


Some more interesting glass beads


A couple of star crystals.


An owl bead


Gold tone bead caps


Gold tone feather charms


...and this piece. Sorry, not sure what it is called, but it is usually used in necklaces. 


Here is the color palette I used. I love these colors; reminds me of the place where my husband's family is from in Tennessee. 

Okay...so what did I do with all this?


The first thing I did was make this owl ornament.



Since the shell was made by Mother Nature, I could not duplicate it exactly. I chose a similar shell from my stash and wire wrapped it with copper wire. I then added it to this necklace I made using the beads in stations. 


I love to make necklaces this way...putting the beads in stations, because I think is shows off the beads better. 



Hope you like what I did with these beads. I love the natural, organic look, and these definitely fit into that look.

One last thing I did send Donna was....

one of my crochet waterproof, adjustable, surfer style bracelets, in autism awareness colors. Since I have two nephews who live with autism, I always like to share the awareness. 










No comments:

Post a Comment