Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

The 100 Day Project


Yesterday, I was scrolling through Instagram, and saw that one of my friends was participating in a challenge. I am always up for a challenge, so I stopped and had a closer look.

#the100daychallenge is what it was. It started April 2...yesterday and goes until 10 July. As I investigated further, I remember my daughter did this a couple of years ago. She challenged herself to press into a handstand, and she did this while she was pregnant. Most everyday, you would see her post on facebook and instagram. She was able to accomplish her goal.

As I read up on the challenge, I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do. I spoke with my daughter, who is a dance and yoga instructor, and the thought came to me to do something with yoga. 

The thing is, I really wanted to something that had some thought in it, and to me, yoga just didn't have enough of that. 

Several years ago, I started a facebook page called TLC for Body, Mind and Spirit. My initials are TLC, and the page is basically full of uplifting quotes and thoughts. I have decided to use this page as a platform. Each day, I will do something and post onto this page, and my tappingflamingobling Instagram. 

My first day, yesterday, was just a post that I am going to do this. Today, it is this blog. This challenge is not necessarily something you have to put a ton of time into...just 5 to 10 minutes a day, or more if you can. Some days I will do more than just the 5 to 10 minutes. 

I think it is important that we all take time for ourselves. But the time needs to be something meaningful. Not just sitting on one's duff. 

Besides coming up with an idea as what I will do for my project, yesterday I did go to dance. I practiced what we will be performing next week, and I also went to a dance class where I was able to help others learn a new dance. I also went to dulcimer practice. 

Dance and music are very important to our well being, and these two...dance and dulcimer are very much an enjoyment in my life.

If you would like to take this journey with me...#the100dayproject, click here for more information. I hope you go check out my TLC for Body, Mind and Spirit Facebook page too. If you decided to participate in the challenge, let me know how it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment