Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Monday, September 14, 2020

What is Your Style?

I grew up close to the beach on Central Florida's East Coast. Bare feet and casual, comfy attire is what it was all about. 


Recently, I read an article where they described my style perfectly. "...if you are a Steve Nicks fan, spend hours in the ocean, see your home as a peaceful retreat and don't like to subscribe too closely to one specific style..."

Yep, that's me! Well, I don't get to spend much time at the beach, but if I lived closer I would. Living in Louisiana now, I don't really have that option. 

This article goes on to say, "Boho and beach are both laid-back styles, so combining them doubles the relaxing feeling they promote." It goes on to mention how cool whites from the beach provide a great backdrop for bold, bright colors and print combos." 

I love bright colors and fun prints, as well as the crisp whites...especially those white sheers. Love it when the wind blows through the windows, billowing out the light weight fabric. The article actually describes home decor, but usually the colors and style you dress your home in, you also dress yourself with. 

I thought it was interesting, too, that recycling was mentioned. Guess what!? I love to recycle things into fun, unique pieces...hence my guitar string jewelry and ornaments. 




Sea shells are something else I love to have around...


even the broken ones. Something about the shell fragments...they are sometimes more interesting and prettier than the whole shells. It reminds me when we become broken, because of life experiences, we can learn and grow and become a better person.


I not only love to wear sea shells, but I love to decorate with them in my home. 


So....what is your style? Are you a Bohemian Hippie who loves the beach like me? Are you one who loves the Southwest? Jeans and t-shirt type? Or, are you more of the business-professional type of person...dress pants or skirt with heels? 

Whatever your style is, I think it's great. I think it's great because it brings interest into the world. If everyone dressed the same, it would be a very boring place. I'm glad that there are different styles and taste because it makes the world a much better place...











No comments:

Post a Comment