Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

The Tappingflamingo is The Bohemian Hippie

I love my Florida upbringing. It is part of who I am. 

I am The Tappingflamingo

and...

I am also The Bohemian Hippie.

why am I Tappingflamingo?

well, Florida has a lot to do with it. The sandy beaches; the warm, tropical breezes; the sunshine; the palm trees; and even the beautiful colors of yellows, blues, browns, greens, purples, oranges, pinks. I love colorful things.

Tappingflamingo also because of my dance background. I love dancing, and yoga...

Why The Bohemian Hippie?

I play the mountain dulcimer.

I love to dress comfortably. Dresses that flow, layers, lace, Birkenstocks, denim, beach wear, long/easy going hair, etc...

oh, and of course...jewelry

I love jewelry. I love to wear it and make it.



Crystals, feathers, sea shells, hemp, wood, recycled guitar strings, paper, sari ribbon

Oversized earrings, layers of necklaces, bracelets that stack up and down the arm, and anklets

A lot of my friends tease me about being such a hippie. I don't mind, because I know I am. After all, as soon as I graduated from high school, our family drove all over the country for six weeks pulling a pop up camper with our red VW Van. Can't get more hippier than that, lol...

anyway.....I've made nature inspired jewelry for quite some time. In my research of the style I make, I have learned the style is bohemian hippie. I love the bohemian style, and as I have researched what that is, I have learned that I am A Bohemian Hippie...tropical style, of course...




No comments:

Post a Comment