Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

BRRRRR

The cold weather has returned. I am not really a cold weather fan, even when it snows. I've lived all over the place in all different kinds of weather, and, by far, I like it warm, even hot and humid does not bother me as much as COLD. Thankfully, cold weather does not last long here in Louisiana.

My daughter left for Brigham Young University (Provo, UT) in August, and they have been getting a ton of snow. I do remember the days when I was out there. Coming from Florida and only seeing snow once in my life, it was quite the novelty. I did not have to worry about whether or not my car was going to start, or whether I could even get anywhere in my car, as I did not have one. I lived practically on campus, so getting places was not difficult. The snow was beautiful on the mountains, so I guess you could say, I enjoyed the snow while a college student in Provo.

We lived in Indiana for over five years before we moved to Louisiana. The first snow of each year was pretty exciting. You do have to admit it was a beautiful sight to see the flakes slowly drifting down to earth; looked like Heaven was having a pillow fight. But...once it came and stayed, one gets tired of it very quickly. Especially when it becomes icy and treacherous.

No comments:

Post a Comment