Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

First-time blogger

Blogging...Something I've been wanting to do for sometime, but really didn't know how to get started. I have two younger sisters that blog. They have been trying to get me to start for several years, so...here I am...

I am 49 (yes, I turn 50 this year--ugg), been married for 25+ years, and have four wonderful children that keep me busy. We have lived all over the place, and hope to someday settle in either Tennessee (where my husband grew up), or Florida (where I grew up), but for now, we are making our home in Northern Louisiana.

In August of 2007, we moved from Muncie, Indiana with three of our four children. Our oldest son, had just graduated from high school, and moved to Tennessee to live with his grandparents, work and go to school. Our next oldest--our only daughter--also had just graduated. She had been home schooled for most of her life, and started college at age 16; so, when we graduated her from high school, she already had 15 credits under her belt. She was still only 17, so she moved to Louisiana with us and attended the local university, majoring in film and minoring in dance.

Our youngest two sons also made the trek to Louisiana. One was entering high school and the other 7th grade. We have always given our children the option to enter high school. Since our one son was entering 9th grade, he made the decision to go to high school. The school in our area went 7th through 12th, so we also gave the option for our youngest son to enter school, which he took. They both were big soccer players, and were greatly disappointed that the small school did not have a soccer team. So, they played football. We have found that soccer is really not a big thing here at all. We keep getting told that football is the big thing and NOT soccer. Well, living all over the place, football is a big thing everywhere, and soccer can find a place in these areas, too. Growing up in Florida, I know how big football can be, and still soccer is big there too. But...I will get off my soap box and move on...

Besides my husband and children there is one other thing that is very important in my life, and that is my Savior, Jesus Christ. We are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, so this is a big part of our life. I have gone through several difficult times in my life, and I know that there are difficult times to come. I am thankful that I have Jesus to turn to. He will always be there for me and my family.

Well, I hope all who read my blog will enjoy what I have to say. I will be blogging on everything from family, homeschooling, trying to adjust to different seasons of my life, and so forth.

Have a nice day...

No comments:

Post a Comment