Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

It's Gone! But That's O.K.


About a week and a half ago, I went to get my hair trimmed, and decided to go ahead and donate my hair. I knew it would be short, but I wanted to go ahead and do it. It will take some getting use to. I've only had short hair one other time, and that was because I had had such damaged hair from a bad perm, that the only way to get it back in shape was to cut it. I vowed to no longer use chemicals of any kind on my hair...unless maybe I start going gray and it looks hideous.

Well, this is the result of ten inches gone. It is A LOT of work, and still does not look as nice as everyone elses' that has this do. I think I will actually like it when it gets down to my shoulders. Right now I'm having a hard time fixing it, since I just had hand surgery on my right hand (and I am right handed). I have always said that long hair was much easier to fix. No, not because you can put it in a ponytail. Mine would never stay because it is so slippery. When one has short hair, you HAVE to blow it dry, and you HAVE to use some sort of curling iron, or flat iron, or something. With long hair...wash and go....

Well, I am so happy that I got the privilege to donate my hair to a cause...one more thing I can mark off my bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment