Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Lazy Saturdays



This weekend has been a good one. Haven't got much accomplished, but have enjoyed having most of my kids home; all but my daughter who is married and living four hours south from here. So, it's just me, the dog and my three sons (.haha, what a funny show that was).  It's been a lazy Saturday, we watched movies, ate, and just enjoyed each others company.

I can remember not so long ago, people telling me to enjoy the young years with my kids, because before I know it, they will be grown and gone. You know what? They were right. Time has gone way too fast.  I just hope that our kids can all live fairly close when they settle down with their own families. It would be nice to be able to enjoy the grand kids. I never really got to grow up around extended family. I feel that that is important. I will have to say, my parents were pretty good about keeping us up to date about our grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. We would talk about everyone as if we saw them often, and once a year, we would drive the long trip from Central Florida to Colorado to visit with my mom and dad's family. What nice memories I have of those times.

No comments:

Post a Comment