Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Good Friends Are The Best Gifts!



This morning I went to play some Pokeno with the ladies in the neighborhood.  They meet every month and have a great time. Since we are approaching Christmas, it was decided that we play "Dirty Santa" while playing the game. Every time someone pokenoed, then they got to pick a gift, and so forth. We played for several hours, and many of the gifts went around and around. I immediately had my eye on one of the gifts, as it reminded me of my kids; four snowman heads stacked upon each other. In my mind I saw my kids in order, from bottom to top; Miles, Ashley, Scott and Benjamin. 

There were other nice gifts too, and any of them would have been a wonderful thing to bring home.  At the end I did not end up with the snowmen, but that was ok, as I had some really pretty angels. 

Was I ever surprised, though, when the lady who wound up with the snowmen came up to me and handed them over. I said, "oh, you want to trade?" She replied, "no, I just want you to have them."  


She really didn't have to do it, but I know she wanted to. She really made my day. What a nice gift--to have friends like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment