Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Friday, December 9, 2011

WOMEN ARE SAFE

In my last post, I talked about what to do for my in-laws for Christmas. After much internet research, and various phone calls, I finally found a place to send some necklaces. For some reason, I kept going back to finding a domestic violence center.  Women Are Safe is the place I finally landed on. Several years ago while living in Indiana, our church ladies group got involved with one of the shelters there. I learned that many of these women come with very little, usually just the clothes on their backs and many with children in tow. I feel for these women. How lonely and frightened they must be. I know I would be. So, the very least that I could do is to gather up some pretty pieces that might make someone feel special.


First I went through my stash (a beader always has a stash), and picked out a variety of pieces. 



I then made a card to go along with each piece. Since I like to scrapbook, I just got some scrap paper, and punched flowers out, glued them on brown paper, and on the back wrote an uplifting verse:
"The beginning is always today."
--Mary Wollstonecroft


I will be getting these out in the mail the first of next week. I am grateful for my in-laws for coming up with this idea. This is the kind of people they are...always thinking of others. 


No comments:

Post a Comment