Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Saturday, May 5, 2012

I'm Famous!

Remember me venting about the ticket I underservably got? (I know that is not a word, but you know what I mean). Well, I wrote a letter to the editor and guess what? I'm famous!


I had more reaction to that letter. Everyone was talking about it. Not just my friends, but my friends friends, etc. I even had someone call me to thank me. I guess he went through all the Carter's in the phone book before he got me, lol.


Anyway...from what I have found out, anyone and everyone who has gone through that town just a few times, has gotten a ticket. They will not give a ticket if you are going ten over (the mayor actually told me that), but if you go 11 over, bam! You got one, that is why they write it for 61 in a 50. Regardless if you were speeding or not, you are getting a ticket for going 61 in a 50. Now I will have to say, some of those that commented were probably speeding, but I would venture to say, that the majority were not, because they know the reputation of these small towns.


Hind sight, I wished I would have asked to see his radar. There were a few that commented that that is what they did, and they did not get a ticket. Oh well, live and learn...

1 comment: