Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Slowly, But Surely

This past weekend, during the down time between soccer games, my husband and I did some shopping. Our new living room as no light and we were in the market for some lamps. I've looked all over, but either I don't like the shade and like the bottom, or I like the shade and not the bottom, or they are too pricey. 


While in Lexington, we headed over to Hobby Lobby to look for some maroon beads. I'm still looking to find something to make a school color necklace and earrings. Still couldn't find any, but since we were there, we decided to look at lamps. Score! their lamps were half price. 
Perfect shape, perfect size, perfect color and great price!
And they give off the perfect light. Not too little, not too much.

Oh, and something else I 'd like to share.
I love mobiles. I have purchased a few in Mexico and the Bahamas.  It took me awhile to figure out where to hang them, and I think I found the perfect spot.
We have a decorative wall type think that separates our living room and family room. On the sides are openings.  I decided to put one on each side. You can see one here behind the TV.
The other one is here. They really look nice separating the two spaces.

Our home is getting there...slowly but surely...

No comments:

Post a Comment