Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

TRX

What is TRX?
Total Body Resistance eXercise. 

This is actually one fun class. After the class you can really feel it. The first time I took this class I was sore for a couple of days. My Yoga class helped me out with this though. I have found the day I do TRX, I also do Yoga. That seems to be a very good combination for one of my days, which is usually Wednesday morning.


In our TRX class, we use the bands and our body weight. This gives us a good stretch, and weight work out. Of course our class is full of beginners since our fitness club just got the TRX equipment a few weeks ago. Since there are only 12 bands, class size is limited, that is why I can only do this once a week. But that is ok, because after the TRX work out, my thighs and upper arms are very sore.

Here's a pretty good little video that gives you an idea as to what the moves are like in a beginner TRX class.

I've been taking this class for about 3 weeks now, and I don't seem to be as sore anymore. I hope to be able to continue this great once a week work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment