Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Yummy Green Smoothie

In my last blog, I talked about eating right. For this blog, I have a really good smoothie recipe I'd like to share.
Here are all the ingredients you will need: A good blender, flaxseed, vanilla, raw sugar, orange juice, Greek yogurt, spinach, banana, frozen strawberries.
Since I have a vitamix, I put 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, a BIG handful of fresh spinach and 1/2 of a banana into my blender.
Then I add 1/2 cup vanilla Greek Yogurt
and 1/2 cup orange juice (mixed up of course).
Then I added a tablespoon of flaxseed, a tablespoon of raw sugar and a tablespoon of vanilla. The other day, I forgot the sugar and it was just as good, so you really don't need the sugar. I'm sure you could also substitute honey.
If you don't have a vitamix, you probably want to put the liquid ingredients in first.

After you get your ingredients into your blender, blend it up! I like to add a handful of ice cubes because I like my smoothie to be a little icy.

If you want to make it vegan, you can leave out the yogurt. I have made this same smoothie without the yogurt and it is really yummy. I just happened to have this yogurt on hand, and I don't want it going bad.

Well, I hope you try this, it is really good. By the way, you can NOT taste the spinach, I promise.

I believe I will go and make me one now...




1 comment: