Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Monday, March 16, 2015

The Fish Extender Is DONE!

So, for the past week, I've been messing with our Fish Extender. Not really knowing what I was doing, and then on top of that, me being a non-sewer, I was a little confused. I had a hard time finding dimensions, and still haven't found how long they could be. This is what I came up with...
Ok, a little explanation here. My mom, two sisters, and I are going on a girl cruise. At first it was just my youngest sister and myself that were going to do the Fish Extenders. Little by little Mom and middle sister joined in (yay!!!). Since we are four different households, I wanted everyone to take their bag home after the cruise, so I decided to make them individual and then hook them temporarily together. I think they might be too long though, but since I am attaching them with clothespins, I think I can adjust the length, just hope they stay attached. I may temporarily stitch them together instead of using the clothespins. I don't know...what you do think? Any ideas?

Don't you just love this fabric? I can't remember where I got it, but I've had it for years. I think someone gave it to me. It was perfect for this project. The back is left over burlap from my son's wedding.
I added a bit of lace, ribbon and ric rac on the handles of a couple of the bags. I also added some trimming from a piece of lavender fabric that had colorful dots on it. 
My youngest sister never has been a lace fan. Even when she was a little girl she didn't like it..."It itches!" She got a Plain Jane one. I know she will  like it though. Heck! It has Goofy along with Mickey and Donald on it, and she loves Goofy!

The last thing I had to do was figure out how to personalize each one. I started digging around my letter beads, and guess what?! I had enough letters for all our names. AMAZING! Then I just flanked our names with Mickey beads and glued them onto the bags.

Hindsight, I should have made them a little wider and not as long, but, oh well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment