Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Want Beautiful Nature Photo



John Shaw's Guide to Digital Nature Photography, is a book filled with over 250 gorgeous photos of the outdoors. This book explains how to capture magnificent pictures just like he does. He starts by telling you about all the different things there are to photograph. Mr Shaw proceeds with what type of gear you need, and then on to more details of the act of capturing those incredible nature shots. 

I love photographing everything, especially nature. I am a beginner photographer, and have had a hard time understanding my camera's settings. A lot of my beginner photography friends have the same issue. This book explains everything you need to know about settings and how to use them, and I will be honest, looking over them and reading about them in this book, I am still confused. But...I am a "hands on learner."  He does, though, tell you the settings he used to take each of these beautiful pictures. 

Mr Shaw does explain ISO, F-stop, depth of field, metering, shutter speed, and pretty much everything one needs to know; he goes over A LOT of stuff! But, as I said before, one needs to know their camera; in other words don't expect to know nothing and have this book help. You do need to know something about how to work your camera.

You will enjoy looking at the pictures though! I plan to set this book out on my coffee table for people to look out.

"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

No comments:

Post a Comment