Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Button Jewelry ideas

I know a lot of people who like to collect buttons...mostly antique buttons. So, what do you do with all your buttons. It's kind of hard to display them all. Well how about making something with them....

 
If you read my blog lately, you have seen these. I took inexpensive buttons and made a bouquet out of them. By using floral wire and stacking different color beads on top of each other, you can come up with some nice combinations. I've even see some beautiful bridal bouquets made of button flowers. I know this blog is entitled Button Jewelry Ideas, and that is not a piece of jewelry, so let's move on to what this writing is all about....
 
JEWELRY!!!!
 
Several years ago I was involved in a blog hop where we exchanged buttons and then made something out of what we received. I received a beautiful set of antique buttons that I immediately fell in love with. I knew I wanted to make a pair of earrings with lace and this is what I came up with.
 

 
Speaking of earrings, here is another pair of earrings I made with white buttons and yellow glass square beads and turquoise round beads. I added a large copper jump ring to make a very fun pair of earrings to wear. You will notice I like to use a lot of mixed colored metals. This way you can wear them with all your jewelry.
 
 
A lot of times, you can find theme buttons, like these bats. Wouldn't they be fun to wear during Halloween?
 




 
Now the next piece I would like to share, took some time to put together, but I love it!

 
It's easy to find a big container of different size white buttons for a pretty reasonable price. For this piece I used old telephone wire, but you could find colored wire at your local craft store. After wire wrapping all the buttons, I attached them to chain with jump rings.
 
 
This last piece is really easy! Just take a piece of elastic and sew buttons on to it. This would be a great piece to do with your kids to teach them how to sew on a button...then they would have something fun to wear.
 
 
Well, I hope this got your creative juices flowing. There are so many fun, simple things to do with buttons. You should give it a try.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment