Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Trunk or Treat




Tonight is our annual church Trunk or Treat. Since I dressed up like a pirate for our recent Disney cruise, I decided to go with that theme.
 
 
Here's a picture with my youngest sister and Goofy and I as pirates. I plan to wear the same outfit, except probably not the sweater...it is suppose to be in the mid 70's tonight.
 
 
I was stumped as to what to do about decorating our van. I really did not want to go out and buy a bunch of stuff. I remembered that we have a very old trunk. Maybe I could use that as a pirate chest. Only thing is, I don't want it to slam down on anyone's fingers or other body parts. I decided to use a beige sheet I had that looks like sand and put that on the floor of the back of the van. Then I draped an off white afghan over the back seats. I put the closed trunk in the back and draped a "fishing" net I had and then threw Mardi Gras beads on it (living in Louisiana, one always has plenty of Mardi Gras beads).
 
I remembered I had a bunch of Beanie Baby fish and sea creatures, so I grabbed those along with a broken wood fish mobile I had, and "tangled" them into the net, and hung the fish around the back of the van.
 
 

I made a banner using nautical theme scrapbook paper. When I get there tonight, I plan to put more beads around.
 
I'm all set! My daughter in law will be helping me out. My husband is coming too, but really doesn't want to dress up, so I am just going to have him wear his red and black stripped shirt and jeans. I might get him to put on a scarf or something.
 
Even though all our little ones are now big ones, we still love to hang out with the children and hand out candy. In our new neighborhood, we won't be getting many trick or treaters because all of the neighborhood kids and grown up and moved on. So this will probably be our only chance to hand out candy this year.
 
Hope you all have a wonderful Halloween! Stay safe and have fun!
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. That is very cool. I'm sure you will surprise a lot of folks with that.

    ReplyDelete