Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Peeling Wallpaper -v- Peeling Sunburned Skin

Since mid-summer, I've been taking down wallpaper...ugh
 

Anyway, as I am about to finish taking it down from my craft room, I am reminded of the many times I have peeled skin after a bad sunburn. Come on, I know most of you have done that...and probably got some kind of satisfaction with it.

Well, I have come to the conclusion that taking down wallpaper is a lot like peeling skin....let me explain....


Let's start before we get sunburned. Usually, we head out to the pool or beach, or wherever because we want a tan (sometimes, we may get too much sun because of work or sports). The first thing I do when taking down wallpaper is spray HOT, HOT water on to it. I look at this as getting too much sun. Soon, the wallpaper, just like our skin has become damaged, and starts to separate from the wall (body). Now the skin (paper) is easy to peel away, and we start doing just that, removing the skin (paper).

At first we can usually get a big piece. This can be pretty exciting...then...
ooops! We get too deep. This is not good...not when we are peeling our skin, or wallpaper off the walls. This is probably why it is not a good idea to peel your skin.

 
A lot of the times we get to a point where things get a bit tedious, and we get frustrated....
 
 
That is until we get another big piece. Somehow that motivates us to start peeling more.
 
 
I do not recommend peeling your skin. It can actually cause a pretty bad infection. You really need to leave it alone. My dad told me that same thing about taking down all the wallpaper in our house. I did not listen. Besides, wallpaper is a bit different than one's skin. You can do some permanent damage to your body, but with the walls, you can fix the damage done there.
 
So, next time you want to peel some skin, don't! Go find someone that needs help with taking down wallpaper....
 
 
Those results are a lot more satisfying...

 






No comments:

Post a Comment