Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Monday, February 26, 2018

Art Show Display

I don't do many art shows or craft fairs...only one or two a year. This year, though, I plan to do maybe four. One is coming up in April, and I'm thinking about doing one in March...only a month away!

I want to look professional, so I needed to come up with some good looking displays. After a lot of research, I would like to show you what I came up with...and with A LOT of help from my dear husband.


Someone told me I could get a good deal on some old screen doors at Habitat for Humanity ReStore. The screen and paint were already on these. I knew I wanted to take the screen out of the top portion and put some chicken wire inside.


We used a staple gun and A LOT of staples to hold the chicken wire.


I love it!


I decided to keep the screen at the bottom.


Thank you to my hairstylist and friend, Joy, for this wonderful window. I was telling her about my adventure with the new door, and she gave me this window! 




My husband cleaned it up


Carefully removed the glass....


...and we then stapled the chicken wire onto the window.


This was definitely a two man...or one man and one woman job. 


I love the way it turned out!


I really like the way the chicken wire looks, but it is very hard to get my earrings cards to hang right. I think the square chicken wire probably would have been better for that.


We left all the hardware on the window...


not just for looks, but the hardware can also serve a purpose.


My necklaces hang nicely on the old screen door.


I am very pleased with the way my set up will look. Now all I have to do is find me a business banner!


Have you done any art shows or craft fairs? What type of displays have you used?

Check out Tappingflamingo on Youtube
and as TappingflamingoBling on Facebook, Instagram, and Etsy


Whether she cruises the high seas on a ship, hang tens on a surfboard or just likes a quiet walk along the shores...Wearing a creation from TappingflamingoBling will keep her favorite places close to her heart and soul. 














No comments:

Post a Comment