Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Friday, February 2, 2018

Custom Wire Wrapped Seashell Necklace


Last night, I was creating, and posted a picture of a beaded shell necklace I was in the process of putting together. Soon, I had a few comments, and one of them told me she loved scallops. So...I posted this picture of a scallop I had on hand.


Then she told me I should post pictures of beads I have and let people pick out what beads they want in a piece of jewelry. What a great idea! I told her that I have made jewelry for people who showed me an outfit they just bought, and I love doing stuff like that.  After sending pictures and brainstorming as to what she wanted, we came up with carnelian, rose quartz, and some white beads I have that are actually made of crushed sea shells. They went perfect with the scallop shell!


I wrapped the shell with some silver tone wire and laid out the beads. It was getting late, so I set them aside until this morning. 


Ta da!!!!! What do you think? I love it, and so does she! She had also asked if I could make a pair of earrings to go with the set, and I just happened to have those same beads in a little bigger size. She wanted a more substantial earring, so these are perfect. 


These colors are prefect together! When you look up the properties of these crystals, they go quite nicely, as they are calming stones. 


I love the look of them together. This set will be great for summer, and will take her right into fall. She lives close to the ocean, so this is a perfect set for her. She told me she has a cute summer dress to go with them. Hope she sends a picture, because I can't wait to see her wear it. 


The necklace is about 24" long plus the 2 1/2" long shell, so it is a great length. I added a fancy toggle clasp, which makes it easy to put on.

So, what do you think?


I love working with natural stones and wire wrapping shells. I also love looking for the shells, because one of my favorite places to be is at the beach!

If you would like to see some more creations from TappingflamingoBling, check out my Instagram, Facebook page and Etsy Shop!  I'm also on Youtube as Tappingflamingo. 

Whether she cruises the high seas on a ship, hang tens on a surfboard or just likes a quiet walk along the shores...Wearing a creation from TappingflamingoBling will keep her favorite places close to her heart and soul







2 comments:

  1. What a cute set. I love the colors and that shell is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love making these beaded wire wrapped shell necklaces. I just finished one today.

      Delete