Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Butterflies


My daughter has been into butterflies lately, so every time I see a pretty one, I get it. I saw this crystal butterfly pendant at Michael's several months ago, and since it was marked way down, I got it. I've hung onto it for awhile, and finally, the other day, strung it up on some mother of pearl and blue crystal.





These beaded butterflies were fun to do, and pretty easy too. In a couple of weeks a friend of mine and I will be hosting a bead/jewelry class at our local library. We don't plan to teach a how to class as of yet. The class will be the basics...what you need to get started, etc. If we have enough interest in actually learning something, I might just teach them how to make these butterflies. You might wonder what you can do with these, well, you can use them as pendants or glue them onto a hair clip or hair band. You can put them onto floral wire and put them in your indoor plants. There are actually a number of things you can do with these...just use your imagination.

1 comment: