Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Congrats To A Wonderful Couple

For the past week, I was in Provo, Utah, visiting my daughter. Ashley is currently attending BYU and majoring in dance. Last week, she had her Dancensamble concert. Not only did she dance, but she also had a piece in the concert that she had coreographed. She also had the privilege of dancing with the Martha Graham Dancers. What a wonderful experience.

Ashley has a lot going on right now, as she is getting ready to graduate AND get married. Both in June. While I was there, we took LOTS and LOTS of engagement pictures.

I guess you could call this a DIY (Do It Yourself) Wedding. So many spend way too much money on weddings. Personally, I would rather have the cash then to spend it on so much hoopla. My daughter actually said that it would be much easier to just elope, but I told her you have to have a little hoopla, and so she put me in charge.

I've been gathering info and run it by her before I do anything. So far, I have made her jewelry, taken their engagement pictures, and am working on flowers (I've already made the center pieces and bouquets, just working on boutonnieres and corsages). I am currently trying to figure out what to do about food for the reception. I know Jeremy likes cookies, so for the groom's "cake" we are making cookies...lots and lots of different types of cookies. The wedding cake will be cheesecake (probably from Sams--Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake).

Well, so far all seems to be in order. I know as it gets closer to the BIG day, we will all probably be just a wee bit stressed. It doesn't matter, though, because we are all excited for these two. They are so happy, and such a fun couple; they will have a wonderful marriage...

By the way if you want to see more of their engagement pictures, and some of my other pictures, visit my photography facebook--Jeanette's Photography.



1 comment:

  1. I loved seeing all of the pictures; it's like we were on the date with them.

    ReplyDelete