Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Jewelry, Squirrels and Colorado?


As I have mentioned before, this summer has been a busy one. One of the things I was able to do, was to go  to Colorado with my parents.  Both my mom and dad were born and raised in Colorado, so I have several family members there. Growing up, I remember going to Colorado every year. It was so fun visiting with my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.

This trip was not only to visit with some of my family, but to also close down my parents small apartment there. You see, they live in Florida (where I grew up). In  past years, they have traveld to Colorado several times a year. Now that my grandmother has passed away, they probably won't be going as often, and it is cost effective to let the place go. Since they will only be going one or two times a year, they can just rent a motel.

The trip was not only a trip of work, and visiting with family, but my mom and I also made some jewelry. The two weeks we were gone, was a very busy one, but one can always find time to make jewelry, right? Well this time anyway. I thought I would share some of the stuff I made.


For my birthday, my sister sent me several jewelry making things, one of which were these Eiffel Tower charms.  While in Colorado, my mom and I went bead shopping, and I bought some white and pink beads which had black veining. I had brought some crystals from my stash at home, and this is one of the pieces I created.


                                    This is the necklace I made to go with the Eiffel Tower earrings.

Now this next piece, I made from some stuff I brought from home. I had bought these beads and focal the same day I bought my BSBP partner's soup.  I used turquoise glass seed beads, crystals, and glass pearl seed beads.


This next piece, I had already made before we left. We really got into the butterfly mode this summer with my daughter's wedding.  I had seen these butterfly charms and really did not know what I was going to do with them, I just liked them. They are plastic,  but since they were so fun, and I did not use them for the wedding, I decided to play with them, and this is what I came up with. I like them, and wear them quite a bit.


This last piece, I made at the library here at home.  I had the privilege to teach several classes on jewelry making.  If you click here you can see a blog on one of the classes I taught.

The place I took these pictures was a nice little park just across the street from where my parents had their apartment. You could actually see it from their 6th story place.  As I was taking these photos, I noticed a little visitor spying on me.


                                 I think he thought I might have some food, because....


He kept getting closer, and closer. I think if I had had something for him to eat, he would have taken it right out of my had. I'm sure, people bring them something all the time, and that is why he was not that afraid of me.


                                                                 Isn't he cute!!!


After I got in the car, I noticed he came up to where I had been taking pictures to see if just maybe, I might have left him something. Sorry, little guy, I had nothing for you. What a nice experience I had with this cute little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment