Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Monday, September 5, 2011

Young Women

Yesterday, I was released from my responsibilities as Young Women's President at church.  After four years working with the youth, one would think, I was ready for the release, but actually, that is far from the truth!  I have absolutely loved every minute with the girls.  What a great group of girls.  They have helped me to grow so much, and I hope I have done the same for them.

When I look back on all the things we did, I realize, wow! We did a lot!  Everything from teaching Sunday lessons, going to camp with them, hiking the bayou, traveling to Baton Rouge on several occasions to the temple, going to New Orleans and Slidell to visit the Bishop's storehouse, a variety of service projects, including the zoo clean up, numerous food bank can sorting (I'm really going to miss this activity in a couple of months).  We also worked on Personal Progress together, and I was able to earn my medallion (just about earned my bee--just half way through Alma now).  Yes, it was a lot of work, but so well worth every minute. I hope someday, I will be back serving the Young Women.  That is truly the place to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment