Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Thursday, September 22, 2011

"Oh, Them Cotton Fields!"



In 2001, we moved from the area we live  now, to Indiana. At the time I was homeschooling our four children ages 13, 11, 8 and 7.  We had a really nice homeschool group. In this group we went on a lot of fun field trips. One field trip we went on was to a cotton field. The kids had so much fun playing in the harvested cotton and riding the farm equipment.   I had enjoyed all the cotton fields in the area. When we moved back four years ago, one thing I was excited about were the cotton fields. To my surprise, they were gone, replaced with corn and soy...something we had A LOT of in Indiana.

This past year, I noticed the cotton fields were back. I was so excited, and knew that I wanted some pictures. Soon, I heard and saw the crop dusters flying overhead.  I knew that the cotton would be opening and ready to harvest, so I had to get out there and take the pictures. This would probably be my last year to live around the cotton fields again.

Here are some of the pictures I took of the cotton fields around close to our home...







3 comments:

  1. I've taken my kids to them too! I think it's really cool to see the pics, it reminded all of us of our wonderful field trips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! Where is this cotton field at? I have a cotton obsession haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were taken on the highway not too far from where we use to live in Monroe, LA.

      Delete