Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

JUST A FEW MORE WEEKS 'TIL SCHOOL!

This summer sure has flown by. I can't believe it is already getting toward the end of July. Seems the older I get, the faster time flies.


Another thing I can't believe, is when school starts. This year it starts on August 8! That is WAY too early. I can remember school starting after Labor Day, and we would get out just after Memorial Day. 
I'm the 2nd one from the right in blue. I was about 9 or 10
My birthday is in August, and I can remember when I was school age, August was always the fun summer month. Time to hit the beaches and pool for some fun in the sun. On the calendar, you would always see something summery, like a beach ball or swimming pool. Now you see a big fat red apple. I don't like that. 
Here's my baby when he was about 4
Well, I won't have to worry about it anymore because my baby will be a Senior this year. This will be our last year of school stuff. It's kind of bitter sweet. I surly will not miss a lot of the school rigamarow, or will I? Honestly, I'm really not sure. 


And here's my baby now
One thing I am sure of though, is that I'm kinda sad to see my kids grow up. Don't get me wrong, I am happy, they are growing to be competent adults, I'm just selfish to see them leave the nest. Our family really had some nice years with the young'ns. 
This is when 5 of their cousins came to visit us for Easter break when we lived in North Carolina
My oldest is in the back row with a green shirt, then our only daughter in back row, right
our two youngest are in the front row in red and dark blue shirts.
Boy, seems like yesterday!







No comments:

Post a Comment