Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

WELCOME TO OUR NEW HOME/ part I

One month ago today, we were moving in. Boy, was it a hot and dry day! I remember the weather man on the radio talking about how it was not the normal humid Kentucky summer day. It was more of a dry heat like they get out west. The dryness is gone and humidity is back. About noon, the temperature was 97 with a heat index of 109. Ewww!

Well, because of the weather, we have not done much to our outside. The inside of our house is coming along slowly. I know I promised many of you I would post pictures, so here I go...


Here is our laundry room. Not much to it, except I did get a new washer and dryer. I feel like I'm playing a video game each time I fire them up. All the computerized bells and whistles. All I wanted was a basic washer and dryer; and these are as basic as they come these days.
This view is right off the garage. 
This is the view from our breakfast nook area. It did have a door on it, but just before we moved it, the hot water heater broke and they had to get a new one. Boy, am I glad it didn't wait 'til we moved in. Anyway, once they installed the new hot water heater, it did not pass inspection because of the door, so they replaced the door with a louver door.  We took it off so we could move our furniture in. I just might keep the door off. I have a feeling with everyone coming in and out all the time through the garage, it will just be in the way. 
The way our house in configured, most people will be coming in the back. I don't mind, growing up, everyone use to come in our back door.  This welcome sign use to hang in our front entry, but I decided to hang it in our laundry room for now.

The next room I'd like to share is our half bath.
It's sorta off our entry, but not in a awkward sort of way. It's actually in a very good place.
I love the vanity and mirror.
We had to add towel and toilet paper holders. None of our bathrooms had them. We thought that was a bit odd. Not sure where they put their hand towels and toilet paper.
I love the beach and I love my kids, so I hung pictures of children on the beach in this bathroom. Most of them were of our kids, like this one. I took this of Miles and Ashley when we first moved to Wilmington, NC. I just love this picture.

As you can see, we have not painted. I think I know what I want, but not sure. We have decided to go ahead and settle in and live with what is here for awhile before we decide to do any painting. Interesting thing is, some of the paint that is here I didn't think I would like, but it has grown on me.

Well, that's all for now. There will be more of our house in future posts.



No comments:

Post a Comment