Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Who Is Paige Smith?

Since today is Sunday, and it is suppose to be a day of rest, my husband told me I should rest. For the past week, I've been so busy moving in, my feet are KILLING ME!!!!! So, I took his advice, and I am resting, well mostly. 


I did fold the four loads of laundry I did yesterday, and I've also upacked a few boxes. . I also put together the bead soup for my partner. I hope she likes it, I know I do! For the most part, I have taken it easy today.


As I was taken the pictures of the bead soup, I decided to look through the random pictures I've taken this past week. The first picture I'd like to share with you is the picture of our largest bedroom. It is because of this bedroom we referred to this house as the "Zebra" house. The bedroom is painted a bright yellow (I love yellow, and bright colors), and had zebra stuff in it. I thought it was pretty cool, and decided to go with it. I had her leave the zebra valences. When we first came into OUR house, I looked at the zebra letters to see how they were attached. I was certain she would take them. Nope, she did not. Why? Well, because the are GLUED to the wall. *SIGH* I guess I'm going to have to paint this room after all. Not any time soon, though. So, instead of the Zebra Room, it's Paige's room. Wonder who Paige Smith is. The people we bought the house from had the last name of Austin. hmmmm....
Someday, this will be my craft room. For now, it is storage. 
The movers were really good about protecting everything. 
And the wrapped everything very nicely. 
They packed EVERYTHING!!!! Even boxes. Yes, we unpacked boxes of boxes. One thing that I really got to laughing about was when I opened a box and found a boxed carton of paper towels. That was the only thing in there. Now why in the world would they put a box of something in a box? Especially paper towels. Not sure they will break, lol. Oh, and one other thing they did....they wrapped my sheets. Yes, with about eight sheets of paper. Like I said, they wrapped everything very carefully.
For the most part, they did a pretty good job, everything except marking the boxes. The plan was to take one room at a time and unpack that room. Because the boxes are mismarked this has not happened. I have found so many different things in one box. For example, I will open a box marked living room. I'll open it and find sleeping bags, so off to the garage I go with them. Then I come back to find some dishes which should go in the kitchen. Then as I dig deeper in the box, I find clothes that go in my closet upstairs in the master bedroom. So, basically I've been running all over the house all day long.
At least I haven't had to take time to go to the gym. I've just been getting a workout running all over, up and down the stairs....
Well, I hear boxes calling my name.....

No comments:

Post a Comment