Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Monday, September 10, 2012

Pantry #1

When we moved into our new home, I was hoping it had more room than our old home. As we started putting things away, we found that our much smaller home had a lot more storage room. Strange how that is.

I thought, since our kitchen area had not one but three closets/pantries, that things would be great. We had a coat closet in the entry, and a coat closet in the kitchen. Not sure why one needs two coat closets, unless you live someplace like Idaho where it is cold. I decided to make the coat closet in the kitchen into a pantry. 

We also had a pantry under the stairs. I started to put things in it as soon as I was unpacking the food, but.....the shelves collapsed on top of me, with the canned foods. My dad saved the day by putting his engineering skills to work.



If you look closely, you can see that he took my canned cream of mushroom soups and used them as braces. This, of course was temporary.



Worked pretty well, don't ya think?

For the past week, my husband finally got the time to redo the pantry, and I was able to pick out some paint. I really didn't know what I wanted, so I went searching on the net to get some ideas. I love bright colors, and would really like a yellow kitchen. I do think I need to be careful though, and not over do the color. I decided to put the bright, vibrant colors IN the pantry. 



Yep, bright Caribbean turquoise. Actually, even though the paint colors say turquoise, it looks more blue; but I LOVE IT! The white shelves just POP!



Instead of just having one side with shelves, he wrapped in all the way around.


Now, I have lots of room.


Here's one side.


And the other side. I might think about putting lazy Susans in the corners, but not sure.


Love it!

Wait til you see what color I paint the use-to-be coat closet...

No comments:

Post a Comment