Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Quilt Show

I have settled down here in good 'ole Madisonville, KY quite well. I have met some really nice ladies at the YMCA where I go each day to try and get my body back in shape. Through these ladies, I have been invited to several functions, one of which was a quilt show. One of my friends had a quilt in the show, and so we met up at the college and looked at all the gorgeous quilts.
When we first came into the building, we could see many of the beautiful quilts hanging along the walls. I love the bright colors!
And most of them were hand stitched....WOW!
I was drawn to this one, not only because of the yellow, but because of the heart motif.
And here is another yellow one. I also like that turquoise one to the right.
So much to ooooo and awwwww over!
Then there was this one. I love the purple, orange and pink. I was very much drawn to this one. Then I found out this is the quilt we came to see. This is the one my friend had made. This was also her first quilt. Didn't she do a gorgeous job?
As we walked over to the holiday area, I saw this cool Christmas tree. It is made of yo yo's. I remember my grandmother making clown dolls out of these circular yo yo's. Brought back a lot of nice memories.
Another colorful quilt!
As we ventured down the next hallway, the quilts seem to go on forever. So many talented ladies!


This one is not yellow and purple, it is yellow and blue; a very beautiful blue. I was really disappointed that it did not show the nice colors of the quilt. I think it was the lighting in the building.
Some of my favorite colors!
This one attracted quite the audience. Click on the picture so you can get a better look. It is full of cats! I'm more of a dog fan, but I have to admit, I really liked this quilt.
Another colorful quilt. Don't you love all the bright colors?

I am grateful I took the time to check this out. These quilts will be at the college until the end of October. Anyone is welcome, free of charge, and I would recommend if you are in town, to go see them. Who know's you might get inspired as I did. I signed up for a Tshirt quilt class.
This is one I did for Miles several years ago.
One down, three to go.
So wonder who this next one will be for.....;)
Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment