Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"FROM THE MOUTH OF BABES"


This is a picture of me when I was about four. I started taking dance lessons when I was three, and pretty much danced off and on my whole life. Except for a few years in high school.  I swam instead. 


This is my daughter, Ashley, when she was five. She started taking dance lessons when she was two (just three months shy of her third birthday). She has always taken dance, and now has a degree in dance and is teaching and choreographing. This falls second in her life, only to her husband which is definitely first!


This is Ashley when she was about four. We use to curl her hair for church. This is what it looked like when we first took it out. Eventually, her hair would relax, and her curly hair would fall like the tap picture above.
Anyway...
The ballet picture of me above has always hung in my parents home.  When Ashley was about four, she looked up at that picture, and with a very puzzled look on her face, asked my mom who that was. My mom told her that that was her mother. Ashley continued to study the picture, and then said, "Ooooh! Is that my mommy when she was an Ashley?"

From the mouth of babes...



No comments:

Post a Comment