Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A POP OF COLOR

The other day one of my walking buddies and I headed over to one or favorite stores. Mer Rouge!

This store has so many fun things to decorate your home with. About a year ago, we had gone and bought some ribbon, mesh and flowers to make a wreath. Here's the tutorial I blogged about. I have kept it on my door, but with changes.  I would change out the flowers to match the season. 
This is what it looked like last year.
This was what it looked like at Christmas.
I don't usually do a Mardi Gras wreath, but I found these cool butterflies that I fell in love with. They were in the Mardi Gras colors, so I guess I had a Mardi Gras wreath this year. 
I really wanted yellow ribbon, but they did not have any in the fabric I wanted. Most the other colors were green; already have that on the wreath, or off white; already have that too. There was red, nope that won't work, then there was blue, nope, not that either. Well, I guess I will either have to settle with hot pink or use the yellow in the mesh ribbon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment