Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Saturday, October 6, 2012

CRUISIN'

In one week, I will be off on one of my favorite things to do....a cruise!!!!!!!!!!! And boy, do I NEED it!
I will have to say, cruising is one of the best and most cost efficient vacations there is. Many think it is very $$$. But that is really not the case. It' not hard to stay at or under $100 a day. That includes you motel, food, entertainment, and someone to "drive" you to different countries.
Of course, you can rack up the bill if you drink a lot of alcohol, do a lot of pricey shopping, and go on expensive excursions. But if you want a nice relaxing vacation, you don't need to do any of that.
Our first few cruises we did the excursions at every port thing, but I have learned that just walking around the different ports of calls and exploring the boat is just as nice, and a lot of the times, better than the excursions. 
Being one that likes to take pictures, I enjoy the ports of calls. I love the culture, and I like to do small shopping. When shopping, though, I really don't like to buy stuff from China. I can do that at home. I like to look for people sitting on the beach hand crafting jewelry or carving an animal from a piece of wood; and of course I do like to buy me a t-shirt or two.
So, the next time you want to go on a really nice vacation, and not spend a lot of moola, think about a cruise. The cruise that we are going on is a five day to the Bahamas, and it is costing right around $70 a day. Yes, I do have to get there, but if you shop around, you can get a pretty good rate on flights, or if you don't mind driving, you can do that too. A lot of you probably live pretty close to a port anyway. We always leave out of my "home" port, which is just minutes from where I grew up; and my family still lives there. So, that makes it really nice for me.
Better yet, never mind. Don't take a cruise. Then there will be more room on the boat for me. Just kidding, really, though, check it out!



No comments:

Post a Comment