Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Bug Season Is Here.

For most of us around the country, mosquito season is either here or just around the corner.
 We are getting ready to plant our gardens and flowers, and this means more bugs to bug us. The mosquitoes love our family. I guess we taste good, and with the upcoming move to Louisiana, well, that is mosquito capitol!
This year I am going to try a more environmentally friendly bug repellent. Here is the recipe I will be trying:
2 Tablespoons witch hazel
2 Tablespoons olive oil 
10 drops cedarwood
10 drops lavender
10 drops rosemary
Mix well and rub on.
I think this will work..the reason I suspect? Well a couple of weeks ago, I attended a friends wedding in Louisiana. It was a sunset bayou wedding, great place for mosquitoes. Everyone was complaining about being "eatin' up." I had no issue at all.
We also went to a crawfish boil on the bayou, and again, no bugs bothered me at all. I wondered why and when I saw this recipe, I remembered what I've been putting on my rash I've had for over ten years.

Yep, lavender, peppermint, and cedarwood. That's why I suspect this recipe might be a good one.
So, this summer when we are doing all our cookin' out, I will be wearing my natural bug repellent...and if I hear anyone complaining about being "eatin' up" I will whip out my bug repellent and share it with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment